“Be very passionate and curious; create your own formula” – Patricia Urquiola, Judge for Haworth’s Celebrating Great Design Contest.
Haworth calls on innovative and bold designers with the launch of its Celebrating Great Design Contest. As a platform for imaginative and experienced designers to launch their original creations on a global scale, the contest provides the opportunity for designers to showcase their design concepts to design-heavyweights, and competition judges, Patricia Urquiola, Nicolai Czumaj-Bront, and David Barrass.
The winning individual, or collaborative team, will be flown over to workshop their design in Milan at Patricia Urquiola’s Studio Urquiola, after which they’ll work with Haworth’s Design Team in Shanghai to prepare the final design for prototyping, testing, and production readiness, before launching their product in Sydney in 2017.
Haworth is looking for individuals and teams to conceptualise a piece of furniture or setting designed to enhance collaborative behaviours in the workplace. With Haworth’s own legacy of shaping and organising unique workplace environments to a vast array of commercial and corporate styles, designers are encouraged to consider the way in which their designs influence how workspaces can encourage users to THINK, DO, SEE, and CONNECT.
In their entries, Haworth encourages designers to approach their designs with a ‘freestyle’ approach, exploring daring, creative, and original concepts.
Entries Close on the 31st of May, 2016
– Entry should include conceptual sketches showcasing the design process, renderings, and developed initial CAD models to be ready for feasibility studies
– Entries must be original: newly created and unpublished, and produced expressly and solely for this competition
– Submitted designs may not be protected by copyright, or any other rights, and must not infringe on the right of third parties. Haworth will not be held responsible for any infringement made
– Each group is allowed to submit only one entry
– Open to design professionals within the Asia Pacific, the Middle East, and Africa
– Submissions must be made by individuals, or a group with a maximum of 4 persons
– By participating in the competition, the winning team grants Haworth the intellectual property rights to the end product
– The winner(s) must be available to travel between the dates stated for each city
– This contest will end of the 31st of May, 2016 at 11:59PM GMT+8
– By submitting an entry, each participant agrees to the rules of the contest
Find out more about Haworth’s Celebrating Great Design Competition here.
Photography by: Marco Craig